About the School
Vistamar School is a college preparatory, co-educational, independent day school that serves a very diverse population of students in grades 9-12. Approximately 35% of students participate in a Moderated Tuition program, and approximately 50% identify as students of color. Vistamar seeks to attract a faculty and student body who bring diversity of thought and culture to the school community, and who will be committed to sustaining an inclusive environment for the respectful exchange of multiple perspectives.
Vistamar is located in the eastern-most section of El Segundo. The school is close to major freeway interchanges and is well serviced by public transportation, including a commuter rail station. Since opening in 2005, enrollment has grown steadily to 280 students from over 50 different middle schools and over 35 different zip codes in the greater Los Angeles area. Both tuition and salaries are competitive with other Los Angeles-area independent schools.
Vistamar is fully accredited by the California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), and holds institutional memberships in the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) and the Council of International Schools (CIS)
About the Position
The Director of Finance Operations (DFO) works directly under the supervision of the Head of School and is a member of the senior Leadership Team. Specific areas of responsibility include finance, risk management, facilities and operations, and human resources. The DFO works closely with Board committees such as the Finance and Investment Committee. The Head of School may assign other duties.
- 10 years of progressive responsibilities in accounting, finance, operations and/or general business management (prior management experience with a private school or non-profit organization preferred)
- BA Degree in accounting, finance, business management, or related area of study (MBA and/or CPA, preferred)
- Ability to think and plan strategically and creatively
- Broad-based operations and project management experience
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and work well in team environment
- Strong Excel skills and proficiency with accounting and financial systems
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a current résumé, letter of interest, personal statement/statement of educational philosophy and a list of 5 references by e-mail to:
Marcus Hurlbut, Educators’ Collaborative at firstname.lastname@example.org