About the School
Founded originally as Vail Country Day School in 1962, Vail Mountain School was renamed in 1973 and graduated its first cohort of seniors in 1977. VMS offers a college preparatory curriculum that balances academic rigor with strong outdoor and experiential opportunities for all students, taking full advantage of its beautiful geographic setting. The school prides itself on its holistic approach to education, building character, knowledge, and community, and with a focus on the individual student. Following its philosophy of “one size fits one,” it is dedicated to knowing each student not only by name but by heart, building a strong cross-age community, and preparing all its students to be effective and positive citizens of the world.
How to Apply
Candidates interested in this position are asked to submit the following materials in one continuous Word or PDF document.
- Educators’ Collaborative Candidate Summary Sheet and Disclosure Form (contact Pilar, Mary or Evan for those documents)
- Letter of Interest addressed to the Search Committee
- Current résumé
- Statement of Educational Leadership Philosophy
- A list of five or more references with contact information (including phone numbers and email addresses)
- Up to three letters of reference (optional)
Please address any inquiries or expressions of interest to:
- Pilar Cabeza de Vaca, Partner, Educators’ Collaborative, LLC (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +593-99-741-6854)
- Mary Seppala, Partner, Educators’ Collaborative, LLC (email: email@example.com, phone: 610-772-7625)
- Evan Peterson, Partner, Educators’ Collaborative, LLC (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 817-307-3832)