Torit Montessori School
Director of Internal and External Communication
About the School & Position
Torit Montessori School invites candidates to join a highly effective leadership team as the Director of Internal/External Communications. Described by parents as “The best-kept secret in Beacon Hill” Torit offers a highly personalized, diverse, community-oriented Montessori experience to children from infancy through grade 6. Children at Torit thrive as they progress through an intentionally created program rich in language, culture, and academic challenges.
Becoming a member of the Torit leadership team offers an opportunity to continue to refine and relate the Torit story to both internal and external audiences. The Director of Internal and External Communication is responsible for designing and implementing a marketing plan that aligns with the school mission to achieve the school’s enrollment goal. She/he works in close collaboration with the Head of School, as well as all school leaders, to monitor and shape the school brand.
SUPERVISED, EVALUATED BY & REPORTS TO: Head of School
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing and/or Communications or equivalent training.
- Successful prior experience in marketing or a related administrative leadership role.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, time management, and organizational skills.
- Effectively market the school and its programs to prospective families by telling the school’s story through advertising, shareable social content, and personal presentations.
- Design the process and coordinate the overall experience for families from application through enrollment, overseeing admissions staff and involving leadership team members focused on curriculum as appropriate
- Custodian of the Torit Montessori School brand by guiding communications to assist departments and divisions in setting up templates and formats for new initiatives, and programs so that the ‘look and feel’ represents Torit Montessori School
- Develop and execute short- and long-term marketing plans, including, but not limited to, digital marketing, public relations, special events, advertising, and other promotional strategies that support Torit Montessori School
- Establish and foster relationships with Boston area independent schools, particularly those serving students in middle and high school.
- Lead the school’s community outreach events and collaborate with other departments.
- Source and analyze customer research, current market conditions, and competitor information.
- Support school initiatives and events; coordinate volunteer efforts where and when appropriate.
- Oversee support staff, particularly related to enrollment management.
If you are energetic, creative, and ready to join a dynamic learning environment, please send the following to. Mary Seppala, Educators’ Collaborative (email@example.com):
- A statement of interest
- A complete CV
- A list of five references with e-mail addresses and telephone contact
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt.
Please address any inquiries or expressions of interest to:
- Mary Seppala, Partner, Educators’ Collaborative, LLC (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 610-772-7625)