About the School
Founded in 1893, TMI is the oldest Episcopal college preparatory school in the Southwest. Originally named West Texas School for Boys, the school changed its name first to West Texas Military Academy and then to Texas Military Institute in 1926. Girls were admitted to the school in 1972 and in 2004, the name was changed once again to TMI-The Episcopal School of Texas and then in 2017 to its current name, TMI Episcopal.
Today, TMI enrolls 470 students in grades 6-12, 50 of whom are boarding. Located 18 miles from the heart of downtown San Antonio, the 86-acre campus includes a chapel, observatory, garden, rifle range, weight room, two gymnasiums, an indoor swimming pool, and furnished dorms among its many facilities.
The school offers Honors and Advanced Placement courses in English, mathematics, science, history/social studies, studio art and languages. In addition to challenging academics, students participate in a variety of competitive sports, academically related and hobby or skill-related clubs, and theater and music programs. Over 1/3 of the student body participates in the nationally distinguished JROTC program, which boasts the award of Honor Unit with Distinction. 100% of TMI’s graduates attend college each year.
Other relevant statistics:
- $16 million operating budget
- $12.4 million endowment
- $750,00 Annual Fund
- Enrollment is stable
- A recent Master Plan calling for significant improvements/additions to the campus has recently been approved by the Board
About the Position
The Director of Finance and Operations (DFO) is a full-time, year-round administrative position reporting directly to the Head of School. Primary responsibilities include: ensuring the financial integrity of TMI, strategically aligning the budget and planning processes with the mission of TMI, advising the Head of School on all financial and business-related operations of the school, delivering periodic reports to the Board of Governors, and supervising the mangers of the Business Office, Facilities, Safety and Security, and Technology/Network Administration positions.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have:
- 10-years of financial management experience preferably with educational institutions or other non-profits
- Experience managing construction and campus expansion projects, including arranging of financing options
- BA in accounting, finance, business administration or related field, MBA preferred.
How to Apply
Candidates interested in this position are asked to submit the materials listed below as soon as possible.
- Letter of Interest
- A list of five or more references with contact information (including phone numbers and email addresses)
- Up to three letters of reference (optional) Please address any inquiries or expressions of interest to:
Please address any inquiries or expressions of interest to:
- Marcus Hurlbut, Partner, Educators’ Collaborative, LLC (email: email@example.com, phone: 949-279-3084)