About the School
The Bridges Academy, serving 250 students in Preschool through 8th grade, opened in September 2013 and is the only independent school on the south shore of Long Island.. Its mission is to “treat students as individuals, helping them to fully realize their academic and spiritual potential.” The student body is richly diverse with students from many ethnic, religious and socioeconomic backgrounds. Bridges maintains small class sizes to ensure the most productive learning environment possible. The Early Learning programs focus on developing a love for learning and have access to the Academy’s computer lab, library, greenhouse, gym, music and art studios and Mandarin and its award-winning French program. The teaching staff is dedicated to offering a nurturing environment and preparing students for life in an interdependent world. The location of Bridges permits easy access to the Fire Island National Seashore, museums, and other resources of Long Island and easy access to New York City.
About the Position
The Board of Trustees seeks a dynamic, experienced educator committed to Bridges’ mission to develop “Character – Confidence – Knowledge” to assume the position as Head of School on July 1, 2018.
How to Apply
Candidates interested in this position are asked to submit the following materials:
• EC Candidate Summary Sheet (contact Jean Lamont or Marcus Hurlbut for that document)
• Letter of Interest addressed to the Search Committee
• Current résumé
• Personal Statement or Statement of Educational Philosophy
• A list of five or more references with contact information (including phone numbers and email addresses)
• Up to three letters of reference (optional)
Please address any inquiries or expressions of interest to:
- Jean Lamont, Partner, Educators’ Collaborative, LLC (email: email@example.com, phone: 203-605-6975)
- Marcus Hurlbut, Partner, Educators’ Collaborative, LLC (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 949-279-3084)