About the School
San Deigo Jewish Academy is a pluralistic, serving preschool – 12th grade school serving the Jewish community on 56 acres in coastal north San Diego county. The mission of the school is to further academic excellence, social responsibility, and active Jewish living. SDJA Upper School provides a rigorous college preparatory program with robust co-curricular programming for 285 students. The Upper School aims to prepare students for college and beyond by establishing a learning environment that promotes character trait development along with content and academic skill mastery.
About the Position
The Math Department Chair position is a member of the Upper School leadership team and is responsible for leading curriculum review and design, department level professional development, classroom observations, and faculty coaching. The Math Chair will teach 2-3 courses.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Masters preferred.
- 5-7 years of teaching experience
- Experience with Math curriculum design and knowledge of current research on math education.
- Collaborative, forward thinking professional educator.
- Understanding of independent school educational practices and approaches.
Interested candidates should send a current resume, list of five references, and letter of interest to Marcus Hurlbut.
Please address any inquiries or expressions of interest to:
- Marcus Hurlbut, Partner, Educators’ Collaborative, LLC (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 949-279-3084)