About the School
Located on the border of Chapel Hill and Durham, Montessori Community School Durham is a vibrant Montessori community of children ages 18 months through early adolescence. With an unwavering commitment to a child-centered environment, MCS offers a robust academic program that promotes independent learning. A strong, inclusive, and diverse community of teachers, staff, students, and parents, MCS is a welcoming environment built upon a deep commitment to the core values of compassion, care, and respect.
Set on 13 acres, purposefully designed as a Montessori environment MCS has indoor and outdoor spaces for children to work, play, discover and learn. A wetland area provides students with an accessible living laboratory for the study of ecology, biology, and other related sciences. The Spark Center, a beautiful, dedicated, fine arts building sits at the center of the campus.
MCS is accredited by The American Montessori Society (AMS), Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (9SACS), and the National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA), and North Carolina Association of Independent Schools (NCAIS) MCS is governed by dedicated Board of Trustees that includes local business women and men, current and former MCS parents, selected teachers and administrators and community advocates.
About the Position
The MCS Community desires a leader who meets the following criteria:
- An experienced leader committed to the principles of Montessori education
- A leader who has demonstrated experience managing challenges and adapting to change
- A leader committed to open communication with all stakeholders
- A leader who has a deep understanding of the value of team building
- A leader who has significant knowledge of and experience in enrollment management and marketing
- The ability to manage all aspects of school finance
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to submit the following:
- EC Candidate Summary (request from Mary Seppala, email@example.com)
- A letter of interest to the MCS Search Committee
- A statement of leadership philosophy
- Five references including e-mail and telephone contact
Please submit material in a single merged pdf to Mary Seppala (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dossiers will be reviewed immediately upon receipt.