About the School
Founded in 1933 in the Santa Barbara, California alcove of Hope Ranch, Laguna Blanca School opened with 40 boys taught by six faculty members on a quiet six-acre campus. The school has since grown into two campuses — 35 acres in Hope Ranch and two in Montecito. Led by founding Headmaster Edward Selden Spaulding and three enterprising colleagues, the school became co-educational in 1942 and grew steadily until the end of the century, when a second campus was acquired in Montecito to house grades K-4. An Early Kindergarten program was successfully launched in 2014, and both campuses continue to expand and adapt, hosting state-of-the-art technology while maintaining the quaint, classic setting historically enjoyed by students.
Today, the school enrolls 368 students EK-12 taught by a talented and experienced faculty of 54. Guided by the core values of Scholarship, Character, Balance and Community, Laguna Blanca provides students with a supportive community that promotes deep, personalized learning and values life balance and well-being. With its thriving experiential learning programs and enrichment opportunities such as LEGO, STEM, TEDx, and arts programs and competitive athletics with state-of-the-art facilities, students are offered a multitude of areas to explore their passions.
The Laguna Blanca Board of Trustees seeks an experienced educator who embraces the school’s mission, who appreciates its core values and who can help build and realize a vision for the school’s future.
How to Apply
Candidates interested in this position are asked to submit the following documents:
- EC Candidate Summary Sheet (contact Marcus Hurlbut and Evan Peterson for this document)
- Letter of Interest addressed to the Search Committee
- Current Resume
- Statement of Educational Leadership Philosophy
- A list of five or more references with contact information (name, relationship to candidate, phone and email addresses)
- Up to three letters of reference (optional)
Please address any inquiries or expressions of interest to:
- Marcus Hurlbut, Partner, Educators’ Collaborative, LLC (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 949-279-3084)
- Evan Peterson, Partner, Educators’ Collaborative, LLC (email: email@example.com, phone: 817-307-3832)