About Hebron Academy
Founded in 1804, Hebron Academy is located on the eastern edge of the White Mountains in Hebron, Maine. Approximately 250 students in grades 6 through 12 (and Postgraduate) attend this coeducational boarding and day school that draws 30% of its students from surrounding communities and touts a large domestic and international boarding program, making up the majority of the student body. With an average class size of 12 and a 5:1 student teacher ratio, Hebron Academy proudly sends 100% of students on to college each year. Approximately 45% of students receive financial aid.
Hebron Academy lives its mission of serving students “where they are” in their academic and personal journey. As such, the School holds itself accountable by providing every student, no matter their ability or circumstances, the tools to become fully functioning citizens and adults. Hebron Academy is a diverse and welcoming community of curious enthusiastic learners. They believe that each and every student that finds a fit at Hebron “belongs” in their community.
Hebron’s rural, 1,500-acre campus provides unparalleled outdoor recreation opportunities, yet the urban amenities of Portland (less than one hour away) and Boston (2 hours away) are readily accessible. Nearby places of interest include Freeport, North Conway (NH), and the Sunday River Ski Resort.
“Inspiring and guiding students to reach their highest potential in mind, body and spirit.”
- Hebron Academy is a community of trust where an individual’s word is his or her bond.
- At Hebron we welcome and support individuality, respect for difference, and the value of each person’s contribution.
- At Hebron we work at instilling intellectual discipline and upright morality through structure and accountability to high standards.
- At Hebron we honor and promote a unique awareness of tradition, place, and environment.
- Hebron teachers model a passion and dedication to teaching and learning.
About the Position
For its next Head of School, the Board seeks an empathetic and inspirational leader who is committed to the mission and values of the School. This individual should be committed to the best interests of students at all grade levels, skilled at community building, and eager to represent the school externally. The successful candidate should be an experienced servant-leader who fully embraces the philosophy and culture of the School and is able to help build and realize a vision for the School’s future.
How to Apply
Candidates interested in this position are asked to submit the following documents as soon as possible:
- Cover letter addressed to the Hebron Academy Search Committee
- EC cover sheet (contact EC partners for this form)
- Statement of leadership philosophy
- List of five references (name, contact information, relationship to candidate)
- EC Disclosure form (contact EC partners for this form)
Application materials are to be sent in a single Word document or PDF. Confidential Inquiries are welcomed.
Application materials and inquiries may be submitted to:
Doug Cummings, Partner, Educators’ Collaborative, LLC
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org – Phone: 207-992-6248
Deirdre Ling, Partner, Educators’ Collaborative, LLC
Email: email@example.com – Phone: 508-423-1605