About Gladwyne Montessori
Gladwyne Montessori is an independent Montessori school, nestled along Philadelphia’s Main Line. Since 1962, students have excelled in area high schools and have gone on to succeed at top colleges and universities across the country. A Gladwyne Montessori education combines the time-tested and visionary insights of Dr. Maria Montessori with the ever-evolving world of advanced technology and modern research. The result is a confident, curious and academically superior student prepared to compete in the 21st Century economy.
Gladwyne Montessori is led by a group of passionate and highly experienced individuals. The school’s Board of Trustees, in partnership with the senior administration staff, works closely to maintain and enhance the exceptional educational experience being offered to the children at Gladwyne Montessori.
The Montessori classroom is a loving and diverse community where all members actively support one another while successfully pursuing their own development and interests. At Gladwyne Montessori, this sense of interconnectedness and responsibility goes beyond the classroom and is carried by its alumni and families into the community at large. We are a community of students, teachers, administrators, board members, neighbors, coaches, alumni and parents who are focused on serving the community.
About the Position
Gladwyne Montessori has weathered the Covid storm, remaining open for most of the school year and enrolling a significant number of new families for 2021-22. With a fully balanced budget and zero debt, the school is in a strong position to complete a $3.5 million campaign for campus enhancements. The next Head of School will be a leader who can work effectively with the Board, focus on developing a strong administrative team and procedures, and promote the mission of the full Montessori experience. A strong faculty and a Director of Montessori Learning are well in place.
Leadership and personal qualities desired in the next Head of School
- An Advanced Degree
- Minimum of three years of demonstrated leadership and management skills
- A self-aware leader who has a deep understanding of and commitment to the Montessori philosophy of education
- An educator who understands and appreciates child development … infant to pre-adolescent.
- The ability to hire and retain highly competent faculty and administrative staff who are committed to excellence and to developing pathways for their continued professional growth
- A leader who is committed to a highly effective and transparent relationship with the Board
- A “people person” who enjoys being highly visible in the school and in the community
- An understanding of the value of parents as partners in the education of their children
- Demonstrated experience in distributive leadership in a school environment
- Experience in finance, human resources, risk management and general operations of a school
- A collaborative leadership style with experience in teambuilding
- An active listener and effective communicator who can articulate a future vision for Gladwyne Montessori
- A leader who is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and justice
- A leader who is committed to transparency and can earn the trust of all constituent groups
How to Apply
Application Materials Requested: Candidates interested in this position are asked to submit the following documents by August 1, 2021. EC partners are glad to discuss the opportunity and search process.
- Cover letter addressed to the Gladwyne Montessori Search Committee
- EC cover sheet (contact EC partner for this form)
- Statement of leadership philosophy
- List of five references (name, contact information, relationship to candidate)
- EC Disclosure form (contact EC partner)
Application materials are to be sent in a single Word document or PDF. Confidential Inquiries are welcomed.
Application materials and inquiries may be submitted to:
Doug Jennings, Partner, Educators’ Collaborative
Mary Seppala, Partner, Educators’ Collaborative