About the Position
Discovery Montessori is conducting a nationwide search for a Head of School. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a thriving Montessori school free from burdens of fundraising, student recruitment and management of a Board of Trustees. Leading Discovery’s team of educators is the most important aspect of the role. The new Head will:
- Develop the school’s Montessori guides and help them reach their full potential as educators and leaders.
- Inspire classroom assistants so they may deliver excellence each and every day.
- Coach and mentor the administrative team to provide exceptional service and stewardship.
- Develop and maintain warm, authentic relationships with families by continuously exploring opportunities to strengthen the experience for parents and children alike, including (but not limited to) developing on-going improvement plans informed by formal, semi-annual feedback from parents to ensure the best-possible experience for every parent and child.
- Oversee enrollment management (including managing the school’s waitlist), ensuring every family who inquires is properly oriented to the school and every family who is offered enrollment has a first-rate pre-matriculation experience.
- Ensure that school operations are regulatory-compliant at all times by school’s financial performance expectations and resources.
- Finally, lead on-going strategic initiatives, including the accreditation effort with NAEYC (or other accrediting body).
About the School
Discovery is a collaboration between Xplor Education and a groundbreaking Southern California aerospace company to form an innovative Montessori community for children of the partner-company’s employees. While their parents develop the breakthroughs that will one day make life multiplanetary, their children will grow into the next generation of innovators in a way that only authentic Montessori can provide. Enrollment at Discovery is exclusively for children of the partner-company’s employees and is not open to the general public.
Discovery opened in September 2018 and is approaching full enrollment of 100 students with two Nido communities, two Toddler communities, and three Casa communities. The school currently has 38 employees and 7 classrooms with 3-4 teachers per classroom.
About Xplor Education
Xplor Education partners with America’s most innovative companies to provide distinctive Montessori early childhood education that leads to more capable individuals, happier families, healthier organizations, and stronger communities.
Candidates with the following are encouraged to apply:
- An AMI diploma and bachelor’s degree.
- Outstanding leadership skills and 3+ years’ leadership experience.
- Successful venture management experience and 3+ years’ P&L experience.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- US citizenship or current green card.
- Available to start in July 2021.
Preference will be given to candidates who:
- Live in Southern California.
- Have five or more years’ experience as a Montessori guide.
- Have more than one AMI Montessori diploma.
- Have outstanding academic credentials- Masters degree preferred,
- Have interesting hobbies, skills, and life experiences.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, a current resume and a list of 5 references to:
- Marcus Hurlbut, Partner, Educators’ Collaborative, LLC (email: email@example.com, phone: 949-279-3084)