About the School
Churchill Center & School is a warm and loving place where children learn to work with – and around – their learning disabilities. They learn that they are smart, and they learn to be confident in who they are and what they can do.
At Churchill Center & School they teach high-potential children with learning disabilities to read, write and spell – and to master the many other skills they need to succeed in a traditional school.
- Churchill Center & School is a nationally recognized leader for bright students with dyslexia, ADHD and other learning disabilities.
- Churchill Center & School is accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS) and is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), the Independent Schools of St. Louis (ISSL), and the International Dyslexia Association (IDA).
- As a Wilson® Accredited Partner, Churchill delivers research and evidence based individualized learning for students who have been unable to learn to read and spell through other teaching strategies.
- The Wilson Reading System® (WRS) program is designed for students who require multisensory language instruction or who need more intensive, structured instruction.
- Every day students have a 50 minute, one-on-one tutorial class with their teacher to focus on remediating their major academic needs.
- In addition to daily tutorial, Churchill’s specialized curriculum includes auditory visual (which is exclusive Churchill), math, language arts, social studies, and science, motor skills, fine arts including drama, music and visual arts, keyboarding and technology.
- Churchill Center & School offers a six-week summer school program every year for children ages 6-15 that closely follows the day school curriculum, along with the “Ready, Set . . . Read!” program designed for kindergarten and first grade students who are not reading with ease.
About the Churchill Center & School’s Outreach Program
In 1990, with the support of an anonymous donor Churchill started the Community Outreach Program. The mission of the program is to foster greater understanding and support for all people with learning disabilities by training other educators, supporting families, and enlightening the community through workshops lead by nationally-recognized experts in the field.
Churchill Center & School’s Outreach Program is essential in strengthening the school’s mission.
The Mission of Churchill Center & School is:
To give high potential children with learning disabilities the finest, individualized, remedial education and the support they need to achieve and return to a traditional classroom, and … To foster greater understanding and support for all people with learning disabilities by training other educators, supporting our families and enlightening the community.
About the Position
The Board of Trustees has launched a comprehensive search for the next Head of School for the Churchill Center & School in Town and Country, MO (a suburb of St. Louis) for a position to begin in July 2020. The Board is seeking a caring and dynamic educational leader.
Application Materials Requested:
Candidates interested in this position are asked to submit the following materials in a Single Merged Document:
- EC Candidate Summary Sheet (contact Joan Beauregard for the document)
- Letter of Interest addressed to the Search Committee
- Current résumé
- Personal Statement or Statement of Educational Philosophy
- A list of five or more references with contact information (including phone numbers and email addresses)
- Up to three letters of reference (optional)
- Educators Collaborative Disclosure Form (contact Joan Beauregard for the document)
Please Address Inquiries to: