About the School
Albuquerque Academy is a non-denominational, coeducational, independent day school of approximately 1,150 students in grades six through twelve.
The Academy offers students an education that is without equal in the Southwest.
The Academy prides itself on offering an educational program based on creative, independent doing and thinking. The school motto, “scientia ad faciendum,” or “knowledge for the sake of doing,” reflects an underlying philosophy of achieving knowledge that is actionable.
The Academy’s educational program emphasizes six fundamental academic disciplines: English, history, mathematics, world languages, science, and performing and visual arts. Study in all six disciplines is required each year through grade 9. A decreasing number of requirements in the upper grades allows for a wider choice of electives.
Students are organized by grade into three divisions: Grades 6-7, Grades 8-9, and Grades 10-12. These groupings allow for small, close-knit, and nurturing environments able to serve the needs and interests of all students. Each division provides students with a comfortable, supportive atmosphere in which to learn and thrive. The three divisions often work together, or in all-school assemblies and school-wide projects. The Academy’s 312-acre main campus includes the West Campus (Grades 6-7), and the East Campus (Grades 8-12).
How to Apply
Candidates interested in this position are asked to submit the following materials (in one continuous Word or PDF document):
- Educators’ Collaborative Candidate Summary Sheet and Disclosure Form (contact Marc or Evan for those documents)
- Letter of Interest addressed to the Search Committee
- Current résumé
- Personal Statement or Statement of Educational Philosophy
- A list of five or more references with contact information (including phone numbers and email addresses)
- Up to three letters of reference (optional)
Please address any inquiries or expressions of interest to:
- Marcus Hurlbut, Partner, Educators’ Collaborative, LLC (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 949-279-3084)
- Evan Peterson, Partner, Educators’ Collaborative, LLC (email: email@example.com, phone: 817-307-3832)