About the School
The Jackson School is part of a two school collaborative located on the same campus in Newton, MA. The Walnut Park School, a Montessori early childhood program with its own Head of School, serves children ages 18 months to 5. The Jackson School is a K-6 Catholic co-educational elementary school serving over 150 students.
Jackson was founded in 1967 by the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Boston and accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. Situated on a historic campus in Newton, the school draws students and families from across the Boston area who are seeking an academically rigorous and supportive learning community grounded in Gospel values.
Dedicated and experienced educators, a comprehensive curriculum, and nurturing classroom environments support the growth of students with diverse abilities, gifts, and learning styles. A robust program of study that includes the arts, world languages, STEAM, religion and physical wellness begins in kindergarten and continues through Grade 6, preparing students for academic success at the most selective middle and secondary schools in the Boston area.
About the Position
The Board of Trustees of the Jackson Walnut Park Schools Educational Collaborative (JWP), a sponsored ministry of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Boston, seeks an experienced leader and proven change agent who will collaborate with many constituencies to sustain the School’s reputation as a competitive choice among private elementary schools in the greater Boston area. S/he will serve as Principal of the Jackson School beginning July 1, 2019 and will:
- Work with faculty to develop a rigorous academic program that meets the learning needs of all students
- Serve as a visible leader and day-to-day point of contact within the school community – faculty, parents, students, and prospective families
- Prepare the school budget in concert with the Board of Trustees and oversee the implementation of the budget once approved
- Work with faculty, staff and parents to foster a love of learning among students
- Establish an atmosphere of respect for self and others
- Serve as a role model and upholder of student expectations
- Supervise and handle employment matters involving direct reports
- Provide professional development for faculty that advances the curriculum as well as the instructional and assessment practices supporting student learning
The successful candidate will hold values consistent with the core values of Jackson Walnut Park; strong management, administrative, and oral and written communication skills; three-five years of prior teaching experience; a minimum of five years of experience as a principal or comparable administrative experience; and a Master’s Degree in Educational Administration, Curriculum and Instruction or similar field.
Interested candidates should submit application materials by March 15, 2019.
How to Apply
Candidates interested in this position are asked to submit the following materials (in one continuous Word or PDF document):
- Educators’ Collaborative Candidate Summary Sheet and Disclosure Form (contact Deirdre Ling for those documents)
- Letter of Interest addressed to the Search Committee
- Current résumé
- Personal Statement or Statement of Educational Philosophy
- A list of five or more references with contact information (including phone numbers and email addresses)
- Up to three letters of reference (optional)
Please address any inquiries or expressions of interest to:
- Deirdre Ling, Partner, Educators’ Collaborative – email@example.com