Director of Admission
About the School
Zhengzhou World Academy, an international school being developed in Henan Province, China, seeks a Director of Admission to join a Senior Administrative Team in August, 2017 in preparation for the opening of this new school in the fall of 2018.
Committed to providing children from grades 1-12 with a comprehensive liberal arts and science education, Zhengzhou Academy will bring together Chinese and international students, in an English speaking environment. A Zhengzhou education will be characterized by curricular and pedagogical elements that will prepare students to matriculate to the finest colleges and universities in the United States and globally. Opportunities for leadership, responsibility, and character development will be a focus of academic and residential life and will prepare Zhengzhou graduates to make contributions to society with a concern for the welfare of others.
The Director of Admission reports to the Head of School and oversees all elements of student admission and enrollment. In this role, the Director is expected to:
- To oversee all outreach to prospective families in Zhengzhou and beyond;
- To present the school to prospective students and parents, which includes systematic and efficient handling of applications and communication with candidates and their parents; interviews with candidates and their parents; arrangements for admissions testing; securing of necessary student credentials; and communicating final decisions to the appropriate individuals;
- To oversee the admission office staff and operations, including creation of the admission budget, and appropriate admission and marketing materials, mailings and publications;
- To organize and administer, with the Head of School, an “appropriate” program for scholarships and financial aid;
- To evaluate continually and redesign where appropriate all aspects of the admission and marketing program with the goal of maintaining a capacity enrollment of qualified students and a wait- list of qualified applicants;
- To manage the re-enrollment of current students for the succeeding year;
- To keep relevant statistics on all aspects of the admission and re-enrollment, and to stay current on enrollment and demographic trends affecting admission;
- To represent the school at various gatherings and conferences;
- To perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School;
- To support the school and its leadership.
Applicants should possess the following characteristics:
- An advanced degree and a minimum of three years experience in Admission and Enrollment Management.
- A desire to be a member of a team of highly qualified educators committed to developing innovative programming in an exciting new school.
Salary and benefits are highly competitive.
How to Apply
The Search Process: The Candidates interested in this position are asked to contact Mary Seppala, Partner, Educators’ Collaborative, LLC (email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
Candidates are encouraged to speak personally with Mary Seppala (610-772-7625).