About the Position
Wildflower Montessori of New Jersey is seeking an entrepreneurial, AMI trained adolescent teacher to start and lead a small-scale Erdkinder on the Jersey Shore in Monmouth County.
S/he will be working directly with the founder of Wildflower, and the NJ Wildflower Site Entrepreneur, to bring a beautiful, diverse, authentic, Montessori middle school to life. The School will be the new Head’s to help shape rooted in some general principles crafted by the Wildflower Foundation for guidance.
Each Wildflower school is unique: led by the teachers who bring their training and life experience, along with a deep commitment to meeting the specific needs of their children and families. Embedded within this beautiful diversity of experiences and perspectives, there are are nine principles that unite the schools.
Wildflower is an ecosystem of decentralized Montessori micro-schools that support children, teachers and parents. The schools aspire to give all children and families the opportunity to choose high quality, beautiful learning environments as they follow life’s unfolding journey. For more information on Wildflower, go to: https://wildflowerschools.org/who-we-are.
Qualifications of the Head
- A deep commitment to authentic Montessori – Your expertise will position you to be a highly effective facilitator of children’s learning and to extend the values of Montessori to include the adults within your school community.
- A background working in Montessori communities – You have been through a full AMI training and have an interest in working with adolescents. If you have not already received AMI adolescent training the Wildflower Foundation will sponsor you.
- Entrepreneurial leadership – Your default mode is “yes.” You are flexible, open-minded, see opportunity in obstacles, and are energized by creating solutions to problems.
- Commitment to serving diverse and multifaceted communities – You are eager to increase access to Montessori to racially and socioeconomically diverse communities.
- Generosity of spirit – You live with kindness, work gently with others, practice gratitude, and lead with love. You seek advice openly and are comfortable working in a non-hierarchical organization.
- Partnership – you enjoy working with others – you are excited about collaborating with a partner who will co-lead and co-teach with you.
- Willingness to work hard – You have the stamina, time, and appetite to raise yourself to the challenge of starting and leading your own school. You will not be alone, but you will be busy.
For further information and to apply, please contact: Deirdre A. Ling, Partner, Educators’ Collaborative at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an Educators’ Collaborative Summary Sheet.