Educators’ Collaborative is pleased to be assisting The Speyer Legacy School in its search for a new Head of School to begin July 1, 2019.
About the School
The Speyer Legacy School is a K-8 independent co-educational day school enrolling 310 accelerated learners located on Manhattan’s West Side. The School opened its doors in September 2009 and has now graduated three classes of eighth-graders, sending them off to top public, independent day and boarding schools. At Speyer, students are empowered to pursue their intellectual passions, guided by faculty who help them develop the habits of mind and strength of character to realize their extraordinary potential. They learn in a research-based environment that responds and adjusts to match their academic abilities and their emotional development to challenge intellect and nurture integrity.
Eschewing the conventional term “gifted,” to refer to its young students, Speyer was founded to address the needs of “accelerated learners” — children with exceptional intellectual promise, internal motivation, and capacity for collaboration. Speyer honors the pioneering work of Dr. Leta Hollingworth through its commitment to assembling a diverse student body that reflects the racial and ethnic population of New York City and by supporting low-income, high-achieving students.
About the Position
The Board of Trustees seek a charismatic, collaborative, inspirational leader and expert manager who is naturally curious, intelligent, and joyful. S/he will exhibit a devotion to the education of accelerated learners; a commitment to educating the mind and the heart; and have the ability to build strong relationships with the schools to which Speyer students apply. The next Head of School will be articulate and passionate about the mission of educating accelerated learners.
How to Apply
Candidates interested in this position are asked to submit the following materials:
- EC Candidate Summary Sheet (contact Deirdre Ling or Jo Butler for that document)
- Letter of Interest addressed to the Search Committee
- Current résumé
- Personal Statement or Statement of Educational Philosophy
- A list of five or more references with contact information (including phone numbers and email addresses)
- Up to three letters of reference (optional)
Please address any inquiries or expressions of interest to:
- Deirdre Ling, Partner, Educators’ Collaborative, LLC (email: email@example.com, phone: 508-696-7708)
- Jo Butler, Partner, Educators’ Collaborative, LLC (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 609-577-2473)